For help, 24 hours a day, call:
Step 1: Drop off your used cell phone(s), iPads and iPods to Safe Haven’s office.
Step 2: Safe Haven sends them to Shelter Alliance for recycling.
Step 3: Funds are raised to support Safe Haven’s programs.
What is the Cell Phone Collection Program?
This program is a collaborative project between Shelter Alliance and nonprofit organizations across the country. Shelter Alliance transforms unused cell phones into a source of valuable funds for Safe Haven by paying an average of $18.50 per phone. Safe Haven has raised more than $18,000 through this exciting fundraising program!
What do you do with the phones that you collect?
Safe Haven uses some of the phones as 911 phones for our clients. Of the phones we send to Shelter Alliance, about 75% are processed through a “reuse” program and sold in markets worldwide. The remaining 25% are processed through a “recycling” program.
Is the memory erased before the phone is used?
Yes. The memory is erased during the reuse/reactivation process.
What do you need from me besides the cell phone? All we need are phones with the batteries! Shelter Alliance no longer needs the other accessories (anything that is not a phone or a battery is considered an accessory). Shelter Alliance does accept and does pay us for damaged phones.
How do I obtain a tax receipt?
Call Safe Haven at 616.452.6664 and we will mail you a tax receipt.
For more information on our partner, Shelter Alliance, please visit their website at www.shelteralliance.net